Pages

Friday, February 08, 2002

A Beautiful Springlike Day

Today's weather in Richmond is simply gorgeous. High 50s, breezy and clear, with copious sun. To boot, work is slow today, with much progress being made on my department's application without the need for me to contribute overly much.

I'll be attending the Virginia Opera production of Elektra at the Carpenter Center this evening, despite being stood up by my prospective date due to her work travel schedule shifting on her. Ah, well; the extra leg room will be appreciated, in any event.

Gonna be a low-key weekend for a change: laundry, pre-Spring-cleaning and TiVo-clearing will fill most of my time.

In other news, my 16 MB "holiday gift" storage card arrived on Tuesday from Palm, Inc. ('twas a free sign-in kind of offer; I got in just under the wire), and I'm stoked. Just for giggles I grabbed copies of War and Peace, Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography, Mark Twain: a Biography; The Personal and Literary Life of Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Albert Bigelow Paine), and slapped them all on the card. It's still over half empty. :-D

No doubt opportunities to get myself in more geek-variety trouble will present themselves over the weekend.

-Rich

No comments: