Pages

Monday, June 23, 2003

My World is in Boxes

Cardboard walls everywhere, strapping tape holding the pressure at bay...

The Move
Slowly but surely the fallout from the move is settling; I was able to get a sweet stout ("Rich's Sweet-Home-Alabama Housewarming Stout") into the fermenter yesterday, which was a welcome domestic task.

Enough has been removed from boxes that I'm able to live quasi-normally now, but things were touch-and-go for the preceding week. The move itself was astoundingly quick; the burly gentlemen who boxed up all my stuff and got it onto the truck performed a single-day miracle. Getting everything out of the boxes again is proving to be a much bigger job (especially considering it's only me this time. Heh.), but the theater room and kitchen are done for the most part.

Rooms
So far the bed has stayed in the master bedroom, and the theater stuff in the smaller one, for lack of any idea how I'd move that bloody TV by myself as much as any other reason.

Appliances
The fridge, washer and dryer arrived late Friday afternoon, and it was very good to be able to tackle things like laundry without a trip to the laundromat, and refrigeration without bags of ice in coolers (but the cooler you and Amy gave me will have an exalted place forever, Matt - a gift of excellent beer is always remembered here). :-D

Work
I'm still riding the work-waves of the final trip to Richmond a week back; lots happened while I was gone, and lots is happening now that I'm back. (Thus the lack of recent blogging - there's been some late work, and of course lots to tire me out around the house.)

So yes, there's a lot going on, but becoming more easily handled by the day. :-D

-Rich