The five strangest things within my reach (courtesy gigglechick et al):
1) A small brass bell given to me by a parade of Salvation Army people we encountered on our way to lunch last Christmas season. This parade intersected a different parade going down a cross street at one point, causing much confusion. :-)
2) A box of Penguin Cinnamons. Yummy, and caffeinated to boot. :-9
3) A Nature Valley (R) Maple Brown Sugar Crunchy Granola Bar, in case I ever get to work without breakfast and have the urge to eat one. It's been here for a week or more, just in case.
4) A yellow "Buy Dew or Pepsi 20oz get 1 free"-printed bottle cap I'm saving for a rainy day. You never know...
5) A "punchline" letter-opener.