Pages

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Progress Report

Whew. Up to 7,443 words. Yes, way behind, but I've bumped my target to around 2,000 words a day, which over time ought to get me there.

I jumped into the middle of the story tonight, and had one of the main characters commit a very important murder, get caught, and begin the process of paying (and paying, and paying) her dues for it.

Grueling, but rewarding. I also may change her outcome. Suddenly redemption seems plausible. But maybe not.

Philosophical question: how does one justify fighting an almost entirely benevolent, nearly omnipotent, ethically superior, yet in all ways dominant society?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
-Reg, Life of Brian


-Rich

No comments: