Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Argh

I'm still at work. I know this is hardly labor grievance time (A union for programmers? Not! The idea is so funny it's sad.), but due to circumstances entirely beyond my control I'm being flogged into overtime work in order to get something ready for testing in time for an entirely arbitrary deadline my boss was herself flogged into. Sigh.

The good news is that we're close. Now if only the various components of the thing, spread over several other divisions within our department and indeed in other departments of the Commonwealth government entirely, continue to function as they were designed, we have a chance of getting things functional by COB tomorrow.

At least the sweet young thing I had a date with tonight had the grace to cancel on me last night.

Argh.

-Rich

No comments: