Pages

Wednesday, May 01, 2002

A mid-week update? Hello? Is this thing on?

Well, got stood up an hour before curtain for last night's Virginia Opera performance of The Barber of Seville (which was a lot of fun, BTW), so I had plenty of leg room. Expensive leg room, perhaps, but the ticket was paid for before the lady in question entered (and exited) the picture. Season tickets, you know the drill.

Sigh.

Let's see. Per Mary's e-mail, I was neither killed nor otherwise inconvenienced by the tornados that touched down north of here in Maryland. Thought I'd send out an update. :-) I lived in Cincinnati for five years or so back in the late '70s and early '80s, and I remember plenty of tornado warnings and even a few "duck under your desk" drills officiated by the grade school nuns, but never any serious threats. I do remember an earthquake that hit that area, though. Weird.

Have spent the morning chasing down other peoples' incompetence. Yahoo.

-Rich

No comments: