Pages

Friday, July 19, 2002

Da Friday Five!

1. Where were you born? Lancaster, California. Specifically, Edwards Air Force Base. My dad was in the USAF back then, and left to pursue his corporate career not long aterward.

2. If you still live there, where would you rather move to? If you don't live there, do you want to move back? Why or why not? I only lived there for three months or so after I was born. This would be the "not long" referenced above. Having no memories of Lancaster or Edwards, I'm not really disposed to go back one way or another. It'd be interesting to see everything, I suppose, but it's really just idle curiosity.

3. Where in the world do you feel the safest? Wherever I am, generally. I don't attach safety to places so much as people.

4. Do you feel you are well-traveled? I like to travel, and I've been all over the place (living with a host family in Leutershausen, Germany would be the furthest, but that was back in 1987 or so), but it's been forever since I've really traveled to travel.

5. Where is the most interesting place you've been? Well, Leutershausen was certainly up there (beer, cathedrals and castles), but I'd have to say that another close contender is Orcas Island in Puget Sound off the coast of Washington State [map]. Gorgeous, and I'd go back in a moment. All the San Juan Islands were beautiful, but Orcas has a certain charm the others just didn't seem to.

-Rich

No comments: