Pages

Friday, August 09, 2002

The Diesel Engine

Finally had a chance to watch my used copy of The Fast and the Furious last night, and I was honestly impressed with the film's atmosphere (I now have a new subwoofer demo), and I think I "get" Vin Diesel a little better.

Granted, he's built like the proverbial brick euphemism, but am I the only one out there who thinks Mr. Diesel's just plug ugly north of the neck? I've never understood the shaved-head-simian look that he personifies, but obviously I'm way in the minority on this one. I mean there's good bald (Patrick Stewart, Yul Brynner), and I'd figure that bad bald would sit over by Vin. Nevertheless, women from coast to coast are breathing faster and fanning themselves at the very thought of him, so there's obviously something I'm not wired to catch there. ;-)

-Rich

No comments: