Pages

Friday, August 23, 2002

Friday Five

1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not? I'm currently a computer programmer. Yep, I chose it. FWIW, I believe that no matter where we are in life, we've chosen it. I chose to marry young and impetuous, thus I'm divorced. I chose to groove on computers all my life and I certainly chose which jobs I applied for, so ...yep. :-)

2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be? A novelist. And time, talent and money ARE no object, yet I accomplish little. Working on this.

3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices? My dad was an executive for a plastics company; he's now happily retired. My mom has been a stay-at-home mom for most of her adult life, though she's taught a lot of preschool as well. Also happily retired. Did these influence my career decisions? Nope, other than to actually pursue a career and not raise yaks in India or something. :-)

4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family? Nope. It wouldn't be a choice anyway - given the chance for a family with a woman I loved, any job would exist to support the family, not the other way around.

5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why? Easiest? Food taster, probably, or toy/game tester. Hardest? Somewhere between parent and policeman. Parenting for all the reasons Joie listed, and policeman for the obvious reasons. Well, possibly policeman's wife, now that I think about it.

-Rich

No comments: