Pages

Friday, August 02, 2002

Please tell me you're kidding

I just had the most surreal experience. A nice lady from the HR department just came into my office and presented me with a "certificate of appreciation" and $5 gift certificate for -get this- perfect attendance (no sick leave taken) during the second quarter of 2002. It's nice to work for state government.

Still - very weird. I don't think I've received a positive mention regarding attendence ever. Like in my life ever. I've always considered perfect attendence to be one of those hobgoblins of lesser minds, like a clean desk or slavish consistency in one's beliefs.

I feel so... Conformist.

Makes me want a shower.

And a snog. You know, for good measure and all.

(What was that about slavish consistency?)

-Rich

No comments: